For #NationalFishAndChipDay we've found a more gut friendly/healthy option for you to try from UP fitness:
A healthier option for #NationalFishandChipDay
This entry was posted on 7th June 2019.
150g cod fillet
1 egg, beaten
75g cooked quinoa
15g fresh parsley, finely chopped
Zest of 1/2 a lemon
100g sweet potato
10g fresh mint, shredded
1 tsp butter
1tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, lemon zest, and chopped parsley.
- Lay the cod fillet in the egg mix to cover, then coat in the quinoa crumb. Place on a lined baking tray.
- Cut the sweet potato into 'chips' and lay on a baking tray. Season with sea salt, black pepper, and a little cooking spray.
(Note: For extra crispy chips, cut the potato into skinny fries.)
- Bake both the fish and chips in the oven at 180C for 20 minutes, until the quinoa is crispy and golden brown and the chips are crisp.
- In a pan, gently boil the peas and asparagus for 3 minutes, then drain.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the drained peas, asparagus, and kale. Sautee for 3-4 minutes and then add the shredded mint and toss together.
- Serve the greens, sweet potato chips and fish together.