For Adults - High strength for everyday use
Availability: In stock
30 capsules containing Lab4 friendly bacteria with key vitamins and minerals to support digestion and immunity.
- High-strength friendly bacteria for everyday use for adults aged 16+
- Supported by a unique body of UK-based clinical research
- Lab4 is the most comprehensively studied group of friendly bacteria in the UK – with studies in Cambridge, Cardiff, Sheffield, Southampton and Swansea
- Dosage can be varied - 25 billion live bacteria as a high clinical dose from two capsules and 12.5 billion per individual capsule as a maintenance dose
- Also contains key nutrients to support digestion (calcium) and immunity (vitamins C and D, zinc and selenium)
- Contains a small amount of FOS (fructooligosaccharides), which provide food for the friendly bacteria
- Guaranteed potency to the end of shelf life with TriPhase and StabilityMax technology
The importance of digestive health
Our digestive system (gut) is central to supporting our health - it contains more than 70% of the body's immune system cells and 10 times more bacteria than we have cells in our whole body.
This bacteria is made up of many different species, some of which are considered friendly and others termed pathogenic. The bacteria line the gut wall and help to stop toxins and harmful substances passing through the gut into the body – so ideally, we need a lot more good than bad. The ideal ratio has been estimated at 85% good to 15% bad bacteria and if this balance is affected it may lead to digestive symptoms such as bloating or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
The stresses of our modern lifestyles have been shown to have an impact on reducing the levels of friendly bacteria and potentially give the pathogenic bacteria a chance to become dominant. Stressors include a high sugar intake, lack of or too much exercise, illness (especially food poisoning) and medications (particularly antibiotics), environmental toxins and lack of nutrients.
Good digestive health is linked to the balance of this bacteria and friendly bacteria supplements can help to maintain this balance. Some of the key elements to look for include:
- Human strains
- Clearly defined strain numbers
- Evidence that the bacteria survive stomach and bile acids
- Bacteria supported by research
- Survival at room temperature
- Guaranteed bacteria count to expiry
Want to know more?
If you have any questions you can check out our FAQ's here or you can ask one of our members of staff on the live chat at the bottom right of the screen.
Recommended Daily Intake:
As a food supplement for best results take two capsules per day with food for a period of 1-4 months, depending on personal need. Thereafter it is usually possible to reduce to one capsule a day with food, to provide a high maintenance dose.
Directions for use
As a food supplement, take one or two capsules daily with food.
- Store in a cool, dry place - does not require refrigeration
- Capsules can be opened and contents sprinkled onto cold food for those who cannot swallow them whole
- Suitable during pregnancy
- Always take alongside food
- Take daily for best results
Serving size: 1 or 2 capsules per day
Servings per container: 30 (15 if taking 2 capsules per day)
|Active ingredients per one capsule||Amount||% NRV *|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL60)||12.5 billion viable cells||†|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL21)||†|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL20)||†|
|Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL34)||†|
*NRV - Nutrient Reference Value † NRV Not established
Calcium Carbonate, Fructooligosaccharides, Microorganisms (Lactobacillus acidophilus CUL60 & CUL21, Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis CUL34, Bifidobacterium bifidum CUL20), Vegetarian Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose), Colour (Titanium Dioxide), Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Citrate, Corn Starch, Dicalcium Phosphate, Anti-caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate), Corn Maltodextrin, Modified Corn Starch, Sunflower Oil, Sucrose, Antioxidants (Sodium Ascorbate, DL-Alpha Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate), Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol).
Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.