Gut-friendly lunch box ideas
A healthy lunchbox should include protein, vegetables, fruit and perhaps some other form of carbohydrate and a little something sweet – and a drink (preferably water).
Here are some gut-friendly lunch box ideas for each of these elements, which can be used to build a filling and healthy lunchbox every day of the week.
- Carrot, cucumber or pepper sticks
- Chopped broccoli
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chopped celery
- Beetroot (with a fork to eat it to avoid purple hands!)
- Mini corn-on-the-cob
- Grapes (chopped for young children)
- Berries – Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- Chopped apple (with lemon squeezed on it to stop it browning)
- Chopped melon (cantaloupe, water, gala)
- Chopped pineapple
- Chopped mango
- Cold stewed fruit (apple, plums, peaches, pears, berries)
- Bread alternatives – pitta, wholemeal wraps, pancakes, pikelets
- Banana bread
- Healthy homemade muffins – oats, fruit, wholemeal, spelt
- Healthy homemade flapjacks or cookies
- A few chunks of dark chocolate
- Homemade energy bites – nuts, seeds, oats, dried fruit whizzed together and rolled into a ball
A chunk of cheddar cheese, 1 apple cut into wedges (squeeze lemon juice to stop going brown), chutney or salsa, cherry tomatoes, crackers
With a small wholemeal bread roll – tomato and lentil, sweet potato and chickpea, pea and mint, chicken and vegetable, butternut squash
Cooked rice mixed with chopped vegetables of your choice (peppers, carrots, cucumber, broccoli, mangetout, peas, sweetcorn) and optional dried fruit (sultanas, apricots) and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin) all mixed together with a little olive oil, Worcestershire sauce or orange juice
With tomato sauce (with hidden vegetables blended into it – whatever you have in) and vegetables on the side (peas, sweetcorn, broccoli, green beans)
Want to know more?
Pro-Ven Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health, please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth proven research.
ProVen Probiotics, Unit 2 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ. Tel: 01639 825107