National Chocolate Week 2019
This week, October 14th-20th is National Chocolate Week here in the UK and as we love chocolate here at ProVen, we thought we’d bring you some health-related chocolate facts to help make you feel better about your chocolate consumption.
- Cocoa has been shown to increase the levels of friendly bacteria in the gut – higher levels of good bacteria and lower levels of some strains of bad bacteria have been linked to cocoa consumption.
- A high cocoa diet has been shown to reduce inflammation in the gut, as friendly bacteria strains ferment the chocolate into anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Dark chocolate with 70-85% cocoa content contains fibre, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, potassium, phosphorous, zinc and selenium.
- Dark chocolate also contains mostly saturated and monounsaturated fats – the more beneficial forms of fats.
- It contains antioxidants, known as polyphenols and flavanols.
…but, remember its cocoa and not our everyday sugar-laden, dairy-filled chocolate bars – unsweetened cocoa powder or high-cocoa content dark chocolate are the best sources.
Find out more HERE
Want to know more?
Pro-Ven Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health and staying healthy please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth proven research.
ProVen Probiotics, Unit 2 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ. Tel: 01639 825107