Today (the first Wednesday in November) is National Stress Awareness Day here in the UK. This day is designed to allow us to take a moment to think about our wellbeing and, if we need it, to remind us to find advice or support on managing our stress levels.
Some of the main signs of stress include:
Irritable, aggressive or impatient
Finding it hard to make decisions
Shallow breath or hyperventilating
Anxious, nervous or afraid
Tired all the time
Like you can’t switch your mind off (wired)
Snapping at people
Depressed, lethargic, uninterested in life, miserable
Eating too much or too little
Digestive issues – feeling sick, diarrhoea, constipation
Lonely and unable to enjoy yourself
Crying or feeling tearful
Too much to do constantly
Unable to concentrate
It can be difficult to break the stress cycle – be kind to yourself, take it slow and set small and achievable targets, take time out as often as possible to focus on your breathing for a few minutes and try and employ some of the following ideas.
1. Use relaxation techniques such as having a bath, going for a walk, listening to music, meditating, deep breathing.
2. Find interests and hobbies that help to take you away from the stress for a while.
3. Make time to see friends – this can be difficult, but is definitely worth it.
4. Get enough sleep – take time to relax before bed and try not to worry if you wake in the night.
5. Engage in daily activity or exercise – even if only for 5 minutes.
6. Eat healthily – the right foods and supplements can help to support you physically and mentally.
7. Build your support network – this can include friends and family or professionals – or look for online communities of people in a similar situation.
Want to know more?
Pro-Ven Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health and staying healthy please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth proven research.
ProVen Probiotics, Unit 2 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ. Tel: 01639 825107