ProVen Probiotics is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of users of our website at www.provenprobiotics.co.uk. This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personally identifiable information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Vega Nutritionals Limited trading as Vega Nutritionals (Company number: 3323920) of Unit 3 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, South Wales, SA12 7BZ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect personal data from you such as your name, address, contact details (email and telephone number) through use of and registration to our site.
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you choose to share via our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, purchasing products, subscribing to our services, posting information or requesting further products or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
- In the course of supplying products or providing services to you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To supply our products.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our site.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use your personal data, or permit selected third parties to use your personal data, where such third parties supply you with products or services on our behalf or to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
We may also share aggregate information with selected third parties but, in such circumstances, we do not disclose information that can identify you, such as your name.
Disclosure of you information
We may disclose your personal data, including any sensitive personal data where necessary, to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our site which may be sponsored or supplied by third parties.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our client, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not want us to contact you with information about our other products or services, please email us on email@example.com or call us on 01639 825107.
We may sell or pass your information onto other carefully selected organisations. If you do not want us to pass your information on to those organisations, then please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01639 825107.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retention and access to information
We are required by law to retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us.