A warming gut-friendly recipe for Bonfire Night.
Pumpkin, butternut squash and sweet potatoes all contain high levels of fibre, which supports healthy digestion, and provide lots of beta carotene (vitamin A), which supports the structure of skin and other body membranes (including the gut wall).
Ginger, coriander and turmeric are all anti-inflammatory spices that also provide support for gut health.
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 inch chunk root ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground turmeric
½ pumpkin or 1 small butternut squash, chopped into cubes
2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
Around 500ml chicken or vegetable stock (depending on consistency required)
1. Fry the onions and garlic gently in the oil.
2. Add the spices – ginger, turmeric and coriander.
3. Add the diced pumpkin and sweet potato to the pan with the bone or vegetable broth.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
5. Blend all the ingredients together until smooth using a food processor or hand blender.
Want to know more?
Pro-Ven Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health and staying healthy please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth proven research.
ProVen Probiotics, Unit 2 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ. Tel: 01639 825107